How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "Settings" menu entry. Choose "Software update" in the sub menu.
Note: Make sure to keep the "hotfix" option checked (see below). Press the "Update system" button.
Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default MySQL password the update will fail. If it has been changed, run the update from the command line. Default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.
New features and major changes
* Squeezebox server update to 7.6.1
* Some security updates from debian
* Various bug fixes
Note regarding the hotfix
For this update to complete, the hotfix is required to run. There are two options:
1) Keep the hotfix option enabled during upgrade
2) Update from command line interface. As root, run:
- Code: Select all
apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y update
apt-get -c /etc/apt/bubba-apt.conf -y dist-upgrade
Note - new updater
A major part of this update is a new software update service. When updating the update service, strange things can happen, so:
* If the update doesn't go all the way but hangs just before it should be finished (99 or 100%) this is normal. This is in the transition to the new updater logic. Just wait a few minutes and then reload the page.
* After the update - restart your B3.
* The updater might look like it hangs, it doesn't'! Please don't reload the page, be patient, it starts again.