I started thinking of what I'd like to have in my B4 (that I'm of course going to buy once it's released, whether it's this year or another). Fact is I find it hard to come up with things I miss on my B3, but there are always stuff you could wish. So here is my list of things that I believe that the B4 will have or that I want it to have. And if Excito wants to comment it's fine and if not this will be a pure speculation/wish thread
(And I'll mix hardware and software thoughts free below. The reason I'm allowed to do that is because this is my thread )
First the boring obvious stuff:
- More cpu power (not that this is a problem in B3, but more is always more right?)
- More memory (see comment above)
- Less power consumption (No idea if it's possible, but watts are always watts)
- USB3 ports
Ant the rest:
- Possibility to run wifi in 2.4 and 5GHz simultaneously. This is something I really miss with B3. Since I have old units that can't handle 5GHz I have to run everything in 2.4GHz
- More stuff in the web settings. In my opinion stuff like mac address filtering shouldn't need to be done by hand.
- Better torrent downloader. It was fine for me until more and more trackers started using magnet links, now it's more or less worthless.
- A little configurable display could be nice. Just something simple that could for example be configured to show the amount of new mail.
That's all that I can come up with for now. But I'm quite sure there are many possibilities I haven't thought of here, so please fill in...
(And please note that the above is NOT a whining list. I REALLY like both my B3 and my old B1 )